Wednesday, November 14, 2012

J'accuse

What do you do if someone accuses you of something that is not true and you are not even told who accused you or what was allegedly said? Wow! So much has happened in the past month and most of it was negative. There's someone on A's team who wants her off. I suspect it's the mom with the daughter who practices 12 hours a week, has a team coach, and at 8 is working on her triples. REALLY? Now A is younger and on a higher level than her daughter and me thinks she is just jealous. The problem: someone told "the board" that I said mean things about her daughter's line and her coach. I have no idea what they are talking about. They even asked me to apologize to the coach in question. So I did “I’m sorry for whatever I may have said that offended you”. I don’t know what it was, I don’t know who said it. I’m going to say I’m sorry for the trouble someone else put you through. Here’s a box of you’re a star chocolates.” It was really bizarre. Maybe they don’t want A on the team next year. Several months ago I was concerned that she was not at the level of the other girls on the team. She’s 2 years younger than everyone else. I just don’t want her to get hurt. You put her on this team. We are happy you did. But we would have been happy on the level with girls closer to her age (still would have been one of the youngest). The whole thing doesn’t bother me except A is getting weird vibes. Unprovoked on the car ride home after a training session she tells me the coach is acting like she doesn’t want her on the team. It is true she missed several practices and competitions due to illness and this was her first day back. She’s a smart girl. If she says something like I am alarmed. If you are not comfortable in the relationship between coach and player, accidents are more likely to happen. 1. Should I pull her off the team? 2. Tough it out 3. Move to another team after the season

No comments:

Post a Comment