Thursday, May 2, 2013

What Doesn't Kill Us Makes Us Stronger

Two weeks ago I listened to a youtube video staring Tony Robbins. I'm so not into the life coach thing, but it's interesting to see why I am the way I am.

I still think I'm justified and it has served me well.

The most interesting thing about this video about the 7 things needed was community. I never felt part of a group. Always the outsider. Even when I'm embraced within a group, I don't like what I see and try to change it. But groups don't like change.

But now enters a child without siblings. All she wants are friends. Each friend that selects her, gets her into trouble. They lock themselves into a locker with her in the room and point fingers at her.

She is at fault. She's looking for inclusion and it is pretty funny.

This lead us to the case of the recent bullying on the ice rink. After months of dirty looks, telling her coach, and waiting to talk to her mom, I asked her, a 12 yo  to stop bullying an 8yo.

This was wrong. I know it. Even as the best skater on the team, she was cut.


I'm sort of happy. I wanted to take off a few years and work on FS. Also we are trying to sell our house and relocated.

It's as if there's a plan for us.

Only time will reveal itself.



No comments:

Post a Comment