Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Life Happens

Why is it when I'm on the fence about something, the outcome always turns out to be exactly what I really wanted? See J'accuse.

My problem is that now I have a daughter. And what I want, may not be what she wants. Or what's good for her in the long run.  And herein lies the dilemma.

It's team tryouts again. Due to circumstances I don't want to get into, I don't want to spend $5,500 (team dues and expenses) to be on the team again this year. We had a great year. However, we did not get along with the team members for this coming season. I was going to suck it up for her sake.  But they beat us to it. She would have been one of the youngest and the most accomplished skater on the team. The coaches didn't like me.

But the team spirit thing is sometimes taken too far. Too many parties, celebrations, little freebies given out by moms who have the least talented children on the team is really so not who we are.

This is why I like test. Tests do not play favorites.

And I can finally say this without fear, there's a team coach who I've never seen wash her hands after leaving the bathroom stall.

Glad I got that off my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment